The CAO 700 was designed
to respond to the 1937 A20 program to equip the Air Force with
a 5-man heavy bomber.
The CAO 700 takes
over the fuselage of the Loire-Nieuport LN10, two-seater seaplane,
on which is grafted a new wing. It is powered by 4 Gnome-Rhone
GR 14 N-49, those equipping the Leo 451. The bomber bay is on
the left of the fuselage to allow the passage of the plane via
a corridor. Other bombs Bay in the wings made it possible to carry
bombs of 250 kg more. The armament consisted of 3 MAC guns of
7.5 and the traditional gun HS 404 of 20mm, imposed by the technical
The German advance
prevented the final assembly of the CAD 700, and the different
parts of the aircraft were conveyed to Istres where various ground
tests were conducted.
His first flight
never took place: the crew was in place, ready to make this initial
flight, when the announcement of the Armistice put an end to his
very brief career ...
had been devised :