The Bloch MB200 originated
from a 1928 program, modified in 1930, then 1932, to replace LeO20.
bombardier of day and night bombardment, made its first flight
in June 1933. It is entirely metallic, with fixed trains, powered
by two Gnome-Rhone 14Krds, and is capable of carrying 1.2 tons
of bombs at 1000kms at the speed of 280km / h.
The first official
order concerns 30 machines. The first MB200 series, equipped with
GR 14Kirs from 870Cv made its first flight in September 1934,
and the first aircraft are perceived by the Air Force at the end
of the year. Several other orders brought the number of MB200
to 200 copies. These are not all manufactured at "Bloch", but
are distributed among other manufacturers, Potez, Hanriot, Loire
and Breguet. All the exemplaries will be delivered during the
year 1935, and distributed among the Bombardment Groups.
there are still 92 aircraft in service at the declaration of war
in September 1939. The first combat losses accelerated their withdrawal
Combat units and are no longer used in bombing schools. It is
only at "Levant" that the Bloch MB200 continues an operational
career by taking part in the fight in Syria in June 1941
The Bloch MB 200 has therefore been manufactured in only one version. There are, however, two ephemeral derivatives:
MB 201 : Same as the MB200 series, it is equipped with Hispano 12 Ybrs engines of 690 Cv water-cooled: two copies will be built.